Foundations of CrossFit Training
At CrossFit APx the safety and success of our athlete members is the top priority. To ensure that our new members get of to a great start we have them enroll in our ‘Foundations of CrossFit’ classes. This is where you will work with your CrossFit Certified Coach to gain familiarity with our movements. Regular CrossFitting is transformational to mind, body and health and learning the exercise’s is where the results begin.
Completion of all four Foundations classes are mandatory before attending any CrossFit Classes. Foundations are included with membership and there is not an extra charge for them.
Foundations classes are held on Mondays and Wednesdays at 7:30pm.
New Foundations programs begin on the 1st Monday each month.
The Foundations curriculum is sequential and attendance is fundamental to gaining the necessary knowledge and technique of the exercises performed during our CrossFit WOD (Workout Of the Day) classes. Start by emailing – click here to let us know when you would like to begin (classes sizes are limited). Then click here to download and print our information form which you will bring with you to your first workout.
Their are two way’s to participate in the Foundations of CrossFit program.
One to One
- For those individuals looking to learn the Foundations of CrossFit in a personalized, one on one setting or if you simply cannot make the fundamentals classes, One to One coaching is the way to go. This option is recommended for those with who have little or no experience with Olympic and power lifts as it assures technical proficiency with exacting detail. This program consists of two one hour sessions at a discounted price of $99.
- The Foundations program is divided into four separate and distinct 60 minute classes designed to teach you how to safely and properly perform the exercises and lifts inherent to optimum athletic movement and CrossFit. Movement techniques will be drilled as well as a progressive introduction to the intensity levels that are inherent in our daily class’s (WOD’s). You will become familiar with the rules and vernacular of CrossFit while you learn and practice safe, proper exercise technique.
- Foundations classes are held on Monday and Wednesday 7:30pm
Partial List of What You Will Learn
- Air squat, back squat, front squat, overhead squat
- Shoulder press, push press, push jerk
- Deadlift, Sumo deadlift high pull
- Barbell clean, medicine ball clean
- Push-up, pull-up, kipping pull-up
- Box aka CrossFit gym rules, etiquette and lingo